Monday 24 September 2012

Homely Accents

Dear Jimbo,

Its funny because the more I feel at home here, the further away I feel from you, our friends and my family. This isn't a bad thing, but I do miss you all a lot. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to seeing you this coming weekend! Having always shared our friendship group, I'm keen to meet the people you've bonded with in Kent as I'm sure they are all lovely. (Heres to hoping they like me too...)

Today I thought I'd talk about the things which have helped me settle in, this first week, starting with the campus. Sussex campus is the only place in the world that can still look pretty and happy when chucking it down with rain. (I got soaked going to my lecture this morning- hello drowned rat!)
 The house plant you gave me is doing well (see above), it lives on my window sill and looking after it has definitely helped me settle in. Is that a strange notion?
 My post cards and wall decor has helped, too. Cards of my icon: Audrey Hepburn, the ultimate independent lady: Wonder Woman and other vintage motifs have helped me feel strong. I also wake up every morning to my wall of photographs of all my loved ones. That definitely helped me settle in.
I've also drunk a copious amount of tea, and thus consumed more milk and biscuits than I care to remember (Its a good job I've been going to the gym regularly!) Tea has helped wake me up for early lectures, keep me calm when I'm stressing and genuinely help the settling in process. I stand by the phrase: tea can solve pretty much anything. 

Well I must dash as I've a lecture in 30 minutes- I'm in love with Philosophy- I can't wait to get your take on some of the ideas when I see you on Saturday. Speaking of, maybe we could to a joint post on Saturday? Awwh cute!

All my love, Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment